Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Lucy Lou Dress

This week I was feeling a little ambitious.  So, I thought that I would learn a new sewing trick; shirring.  Little did I know that my zealousness would lead me on a roller coaster of a day.  There I was with my pretty little dress all made with the only thing left to do is shirr the neckline and sleeves.  Ahh, I was envisioning perfection...

Burst!!!

That's right, my bubble burst the minute I attempted this technique.  That's right it took me an agonizing 5 hours, one phone call to Brother (my sewing machine manufacturer--thank you sweet old lady), two YouTube videos, my book Complete Guide to Sewing, and yes, some tears for me to be able to shirr my dress. 

Note: NO DRESSES WERE HARMED IN LEARNING THIS TECHNIQUE.

After much trial and error, I am proud to present my Lucy Lou dress!!!

Dress Features:

Shirred neckline and sleeves with finished hem.
Appliqued fabric flower.
Ribbon trim on hem of dress.

back view

I am proud of this little number and now I cannot wait to try my new technique on another project!!!

Cost: $30
Sizes: 3 months to size 6

No comments:

Post a Comment